Friday, September 7, 2007

The Rough Draft!

This week I wrote my rough draft for our first essay assignment. For my essay, I am arguing against the BGeXperience being mandatory for first year students. Before I started writing, I made a general outline and wrote down the main ideas that I would have in my paper. From there I was able to organize my thoughts and begin writing. I made a couple of changes between the rough, rough draft and the rough draft I turned in this week. Although I made an outline before I began writing, I changed the sequence of my ideas after I wrote the essay for the first time. After I wrote it, I realized it did flow very good, therefore I changed things around. However, I feel like I could still get it to flow better than it does now. Another change that I made was that I provided more background information on the BGeXperience program. I still think I need to make a few changes before I turn in my final essay. I think I need to make better transitions between my ideas and I think develop my ideas more.

1 comment:

Amanda McGuire Rzicznek said...

Heather, I was so happy to read that you wrote a rough-rough draft and then wrote your rough draft. Writing is a process and even rough drafts needs some work before they become rough drafts.

I'll pay attention to organization in your essays more now that you brought up that it was one aspect you really noticed you focused on during the writing process.

Keep up the great work!