Friday, September 21, 2007

Sources for Essay 2

For my second essay I was going to write about how free birth control methods, such as birth control pills and condoms, should be passed out at high schools. I was planning on using mostly magazine and newspaper sources for my essay. Also, I was going to use the Academic Search Complete through the BGSU library to find journal articles about my topic. If I get my sources through the BGSU library, I will know they are credible sources since the library only provides credible sources. Credible sources are so important to academic writing because you want the information in your essay to be accurate, and if you get your information from non-credible source, the information could be very inaccurate.

Source introduction: In her article "Free condoms for teenagers" Sarah Kraszewski argues that making condoms easily accessible to teenagers helps reduce teen pregnancies and STD's.

2 comments:

Amanda McGuire Rzicznek said...

Nice job, Heather, with your research method and source intro. Your topic of Safe Sex should be taught in public high schools is a good one! Let me know if I can help.

Anonymous said...

Great topic, Heather! I agree that birth control methods should be taught and made available to high school students. I agree that we would have less teenage pregnancies and young people with STD's if they had factual information and the means to protect themselves if they choose to have sex. Unfortunately, our kids in lower grades may need that education as we are finding children having sex at younger and younger ages. Children in our society have a lot to deal with at younger ages.