Friday, September 28, 2007

Differences in essays and writing process

I think that one of the main differences in the second essay is that the topic is more broad. It is not just based off of your personal experiences, but from sources as well. I think that to start out, most people know less about their topic for essay 2 than they did for essay 1. I feel that my writing process has been the same for essay 2 as it was for the first essay. I made an outline, did a rough, rough draft, a rough draft, and I will then do more revisions for my final copy. However, for the second essay I did have to find sources and do research in order to back up my argument. Also, after I did my first essay, I learned new things that I will apply to my second essay. For example, for my rough draft for my first essay, I had proposed solutions for the problem, however, for this essay, I know now not to do that!

1 comment:

Amanda McGuire Rzicznek said...

Heather, nice work with this post. You used many specific examples to support your reflections too, which is REALLY good because it helped me see your perspective more clearly. Keep up the great work!